Dubai, a metropolis synonymous with luxurious and grandeur, reveals a distinct aspect of its opulence by way of the thrilling sport of horse racing. On the coronary heart of this equestrian spectacle is the Meydan Racecourse, a venue that epitomises architectural magnificence and embodies the wealthy heritage and keenness for horse racing within the United Arab Emirates.
Annually, the racing season at Meydan builds in depth and pleasure, drawing in fans and elite rivals from throughout the globe. This equestrian mastery and competitors reaches its zenith with the Dubai World Cup, typically touted as one of the vital prestigious and opulent horse racing occasions on this planet.
On this information to Horse Racing in Dubai:
Common Race Days in Dubai
Horse racing in Dubai, typically talking, takes place over the cooler winter months solely on the dust and turf programs at Meydan Racecourse, sitting simply exterior of Downtown Dubai.
Dubai Racing Carnival 2023-24
Going down each Friday night from 5:30 pm till late, working from 10 November 2023 to Friday 8 March 2024 (the exception is 1 March; the occasion is moved to 2 March and three:30 PM for Tremendous Saturday).
Tickets to the races might be bought on the observe or booked on-line for a premium bundle (although word that hospitality packages purchased on the gate will price you extra and are topic to availability).
- Normal Public – you’re at floor stage right here with a number of picnic tables and an open meals court docket open air, open till the tip of the final race. Adults AED 5, seize free children entry tickets on the gate – entry Gate B.
- The Premium By McGettigan’s – features a child’s playground and money bar in a devoted ‘village.’ Youngsters Village is open from 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM. Music at McGettigans continues till midnight. Adults AED 65, Household packages AED 180 – children tickets are on the gate – entry Gate A.
Benefit from the races with a premium eating bundle
The Grandstand at Meydan gives commanding views over the observe and Parade Ring gives many various eating packages to swimsuit completely different budgets:
- Parade Ring Lounge – Centrally situated on the bottom flooring, that is the place you need to head for a close-up view of the motion with a buffet dinner, al fresco seating and leisure. Smooth Packages AED 295; Home Drinks AED 395
- Paddock View – A step up on stage 4, it is a sensible choice for a blended age group with nice views, indoor and out of doors seating and a bottomless buffet dinner. Smooth Packages AED 365; Home Drinks AED 495
- Invasor Room – A sublime and upscale providing on the 2nd flooring with nice views of the observe and parade ring. That is the place you need to head for a complicated and thrilling night. Smooth packages AED 445; Premium Drinks AED 595
- Winners Circle Restaurant – On the 2nd & third flooring with glorious views by way of the floor-to-ceiling home windows of the winners circle. This features a 3-course sit-down dinner—Smooth Packages AED 345 and home AED 445.
- Ranges 3 and 4 of the Grandstand are devoted to non-public suites, which might be booked for company occasions and particular events all through the racing season in Dubai.
You possibly can be taught extra about particular weekly fixtures and particular occasions by visiting dubairacingclub.com
Dubai World Cup 2024
One of many richest days on the worldwide racing calendar, with $30.5 million in prize cash on supply, the Dubai World Cup showcases the best thoroughbreds of the season. The occasion brings out Dubai’s social elite and a glamorous worldwide viewers.
This yr, the Dubai World Cup will happen on Saturday 30 March 2024
The hospitality packages we point out above will not be obtainable for the Dubai World Cup; there may be a completely completely different set of hospitality packages with a broader vary of bars and eating places open particularly for Dubai World Cup evening.
Refer once more to the dubairacingclub.com web site to buy packages for the Dubai World Cup.
What Kind of Horse Racing do They Have at Meydan?
Meydan Racecourse consists of each a 1750-metre dust observe and a 2,400 turf observe. Most Friday race nights will contain a mix of each tracks getting used.
Every night consists of six or seven races, held 35 minutes aside.
The hospitality providers begin half-hour earlier than the primary race, so on most Fridays this implies issues begin at 5:30 PM with racing commencing at 6:00 PM. You need to get in and be seated early within the hospitality areas if you would like time to get caught into the race program and fill in your Decide 6/7 in loads of time and have your first drink served earlier than the motion begins.
Restricted tables can be found in most people house, so that you need to be in early when you want to nab a desk. Gates open at 4:30 PM.
What to Put on to the Races in Dubai
For the common night meets, actually (nearly) something goes. These sitting in common public exterior will probably be seen in sensible informal, however dressed for the climate (surprisingly, the winter evenings can get fairly chilly!), so denims and t-shirts with overcoats is okay in mid-winter. Shorts and trainers are additionally OK in most people areas.
Within the Grandstand hospitality suites and eating places, it’s good to class it up a little bit extra (no flip flops or shorts allowed); males ought to actually be in sensible trousers and buttoned shirts or suited.
Women can put on equal clothes to a brunch or afternoon tea, elegant and glamorous however not completely OTT for normal race meets (except you’re attending a particular occasion like Trend Friday).
Invitees to the Dubai Lounge and Horse Parade Ring (eg in case you are a Horsemen’s visitor, sponsor or authorised media) have amuch stricter costume code with strictly no sportswear, trainers, denims and many others.
For large race days, it’s your alternative to go all out with hats and fascinators, excessive heels, and males most positively suited and booted.
The Meydan Lodge Dubai At Meydan Racecourse
If you wish to make an entire evening of your horse racing expertise in Dubai, then we’d recommend arranging to remain on the connected Meydan Lodge. You might be strolling distance right here to the Grandstand, although they’ll help you with an electrical buggy trip door to door.
You possibly can see the racing motion out of your rooms, too, although you’re a little bit removed from the end line. We’d recommend reserving with the lodge and mixing your stick with a hospitality bundle to be on the coronary heart of the motion.
The Rooms at The Meydan Lodge
You may have the selection of rooms or suites. They’re effectively referred to as a few of the most spacious lodge rooms within the metropolis.
- Grand Deluxe Balcony Room, Grand Premium Balcony Room (increased flooring) and Grand Superior Balcony Room – all 62sqm
- Panoramic Suites – 132sqm, Presidential Meydan Suites (4 adults 2 children) and Presidential Duplex Suites (cut up stage sleeps as much as 6)
While they don’t supply these sought-after Gulf water views, its nonetheless a fairly spectacular and fascinating view to get up to, and in an important location for visiting different metropolis sights. Meydan is round 10 minutes by taxi from Downtown Dubai and quarter-hour from DXB Airport (all visitors dependent).
You possibly can ebook your room at Meydan right here – although word that going direct with email@example.com chances are you’ll get a greater bundle together with dinner on the observe and breakfast at Farriers
Eating at Meydan Lodge
There are formal eating choices and several other informal eating choices at Meydan.
- Farriers is their worldwide restaurant
- The Millennium Lounge for observe views and al fresco eating and drinks
- Qube Sports activities Bar, with its screens, is ideal for large occasion days
- Grip n Sip is good for after a spherical of golf
- Or take pleasure in Equus Pool Bar for rooftop sips
NB – The lodge’s ‘in-house’ eating bundle contains dinner at Farriers on race nights. Sure, Farriers overlooks the course, however it’s NOT the identical because the hospitality packages and eating places we point out above which sit instantly above the racing motion and Parade Ring; your views from Farriers are fairly distant.
- If not included along with your keep, the race evening packages at Farriers, together with buffet and bottomless drinks, begin from AED 249 Smooth to AED 599 Glowing.
- Alternatively, the Millenium Lounge is a little bit nearer to the motion with an open terrace, shisha, an a la carte menu and a minimal spend of AED 150. They keep open till very late if
Different Leisure amenities at Meydan
Aside from coming to see the horse racing, there’s an important vary of choices. You might be connected to a Golf Course, set round 6 lakes and the Meydan Tennis Academy, in addition to the chance to take pleasure in panoramic views from the rooftop pool 9.
There’s a separate kiddy pool with a number of items of playground gear on the rooftop when you’re coming with the youngsters (why not ask the lodge to organise a nanny although, so you may come out and benefit from the races?!)
Even when you’re not there for the racing, company can prepare secure excursions throughout their go to to the Meydan Lodge for a singular Dubai expertise.
Playing on Horse Racing in Dubai
In case you aren’t conscious, playing remains to be unlawful in Dubai. That, as you may think about, doesn’t cease individuals from doing so, however you’d want a VPN to entry any playing websites from the URL.
What you gained’t see trackside, nonetheless, is any bookies or TAB huts, and many others, that you could be be aware of at horse racing occasions in different nations.
As a substitute for playing, although, to maintain the night entertaining for punters, each visitor is given a Decide 7 prediction sport. These playing cards are distributed on the gate and have to be submitted quarter-hour earlier than racing begins.
There are additionally Fortunate Draw prizes to be gained and automotive prizes and giveaways happen all through the season.
Different Horse Experiences in Dubai
When you may assume Dubai is all about camel racing and camel rides – which certainly it does effectively – there are nonetheless alternatives for equine lovers to have pleasant experiences within the UAE.
- Our full information to Dubai horse using areas and equestrian occasions is coming quickly!
Earlier than you go… Extra necessary issues you must know when planning a visit to Dubai
Please word we aren’t a journey company. This web site is a journey weblog to assist newcomers to the UAE and transit passengers self plan their journey, we can not ebook your flights, inns, visas or connections for you. We might make a small fee when you click on on any of our advice hyperlinks.
Dubai Journey Planner