Royal Caribbean cruises are in style for his or her full of life, massive ships, providing actions and facilities past what a typical cruise would supply. Due to this, a Royal Caribbean cruise is a unbelievable choice for a household trip. Whatever the ship’s itinerary, you’ll by no means be bored.
In case you are crusing on Royal Caribbean and are searching for a level-up to your keep, it’s possible you’ll contemplate reserving a collection. Along with the stateroom that you simply guide inside this class, you’ll have entry to different Royal Caribbean suite advantages together with precedence boarding, a concierge, and an unique restaurant (a few of these don’t apply to junior suite company).
Throughout our household trip on Royal Caribbean’s Odyssey of the Seas, our household opted to improve to a Grand Suite. We cherished the additional area along with the extra perks and can proceed reserving suites each time doable. Reserving a collection is an effective way so as to add some luxurious facilities to your cruise, whereas additionally getting extra spacious lodging so to unfold out.
Disclosure: I’ve traveled on Royal Caribbean Cruise Line without charge a number of instances. We paid our personal means, together with the improve payment, for our crusing with the suite. This publish comprises affiliate hyperlinks and a purchase order/click on by one among these hyperlinks might lead to a fee paid to us without charge to you.
Royal Caribbean Suite Advantages and Perks
Royal Caribbean Suite Choices
Royal Caribbean provides a collection of completely different suite sorts. Throughout the suite class, there are three subcategories. These subcategories are Sea Class, Sky Class, and Star Class.
Suite sorts might differ by ship however embody:
- Junior Suite (Sea Class): these are closest to a conventional cruise stateroom however with a couple of additional advantages. Nevertheless, junior suite perks are completely different – they arrive with some however not all the advantages that the opposite suites supply. This class is sweet for these searching for extra space of their stateroom however who don’t want or need among the different perks.
- Grand Suite (Sky Class): that is the category of room that we had for our crusing. Grand suites are bigger than a stateroom, with a separate dwelling space separated by a curtain. These suites have one rest room. In my view, that is the best choice for a very good mixture of worth and perks.
- Ocean View/Panoramic Suite with no balcony (Sky Class): These suites have an excellent view, however no balcony. A balcony is a must have for my household, so we haven’t thought-about one of these suite. It does have all the Grand Suite advantages, nevertheless.
- Proprietor’s Suite (Sky Class): The proprietor’s suites are bigger than a Grand Suite and are extra luxurious. These are an excellent choice in the event you want much more area than the Grand Suite provides.
- Royal Suite (Star Class): The Royal Suites supply much more advantages and area to company.
- Villa Suite (Star Class): These final suites supply a number of bedrooms and Star Class facilities. There are a lot of various kinds of Villa Suites, relying on the particular ship you’re crusing on.
Reserving a Royal Caribbean Suite
Whenever you buy your cruise, you’ll see the varied stateroom choices which can be out there in your crusing celebration. At that time, you possibly can select to guide a collection fairly than a conventional stateroom. Out there choices will differ relying on the particular ship you’re crusing on and present availability, however you need to be capable to see every part out there on the time of reserving.
One other choice to get a collection is to bid on a RoyalUp improve. To do that, you’ll guide a daily stateroom, and in the event you get a suggestion, you possibly can attempt to bid for a greater room.
If that is an choice for you, you’ll obtain an e mail. Alternatively, you may also verify your crusing on this web site. Remember that RoyalUp solely works for 1-2 classes up from the room you’ve booked, so that you gained’t be capable to bounce from an inside stateroom to a Royal Suite, for instance.
Once we had a Grand Suite, it was as a result of we had gained a RoyalUp improve. In our case, we booked a balcony stateroom and had the choice to bid for a Junior Suite or a Balcony Suite. You’ll see the varied suites out there for bidding once you go to the web site. There can even be a minimal and recommended bid quantity.
Whether or not you win your bid will rely upon a number of elements together with different bids and suite availability. Usually talking, you’ll have the next likelihood of successful your bid in the event you bid the next quantity. It might probably take weeks to search out out in the event you win.
Remember that the RoyalUp bids are binding. In case you win your bid, your stateroom task will instantly be moved to the brand new class – you gained’t have the choice to say no. As a result of availability varies, it’s finest to guide the suite you need when reserving your crusing, as a result of RoyalUp isn’t at all times an choice.
We determined that we wished the Grand Suite, and ended up bidding the utmost.
In case you are contemplating doing this, you’ll must do some value comparisons to see if it’s higher to guide two customary staterooms or a Grand Suite. Whereas a Grand Suite is bigger than a conventional stateroom and comes with some unbelievable advantages, two staterooms could also be a greater thought. There are some vital advantages from having two staterooms, together with having two loos.
Advantages of a Royal Caribbean Suite
Advantages do differ a bit by ship and sophistication, however generally, right here’s what to anticipate:
You’ll be capable to skip the (often) longer primary check-in line and go to the precedence boarding space. Throughout our cruise, we had been fortunate as a result of all the strains had been fairly quick so we didn’t get a lot of a bonus with precedence embarkation.
It’s very good to have as an choice, nevertheless. You’ll be capable to get on board the ship first and begin your cruise trip early.
Whilst you might not notice how useful a devoted concierge might be, we discovered ours to supply invaluable help earlier than and through our crusing.
Upfront of our journey, we acquired an e mail from our concierge introducing himself and providing help. At that time, if we had something we wanted, like onboard bookings, reservations at specialty eating places, or reserving of shore excursions, he would have been capable of help. I had already prepurchased a specialty meal and a cabana at Excellent Day at CocoCay, so we didn’t want that early help.
Whereas onboard, we additionally had entry to our concierge, who might usually be discovered within the devoted concierge lounge. He pre-booked us some actions on the ship, just like the NorthStar and the iFly expertise, so we wouldn’t miss out. When my son misplaced his SeaPass, the concierge was simply capable of help us in getting a brand new one. He additionally helped us get a specialty eating reservation after we determined we wished to return to Giovannis.
Some areas of the ship are completely designated for concierge/suite company. These embody:
Coastal Kitchen: Coastal Kitchen restaurant is an unique restaurant supplied to suite company on choose ships (Oasis and Quantum Class Royal Caribbean ships). It doesn’t price additional however it would be best to make reservations.
On these ships with out Coastal Kitchen, an unique breakfast is obtainable for suite company in Chops or Giovanni’s. Throughout our crusing, we loved each breakfast and dinner at Coastal Kitchen. It was one among our favourite advantages.
Concierge Sundeck: In case you don’t need to struggle for deck chairs, you’ll benefit from the concierge sundeck perk. On our crusing, the suite solar deck was pretty small however was fairly empty.
Concierge Lounge: We additionally actually cherished this amenity. The concierge membership provides a cheerful hour with complimentary drinks, in addition to appetizers and canapes. We visited the lounge every afternoon earlier than dinner and loved the service.
Different Suite Visitor Facilities
There are many different nice facilities that you simply’ll get as a collection visitor. Remember that most of those aren’t supplied to these in junior suites. Listed below are among the extra advantages:
- Complimentary 24-Hour Room Service
- Room facilities embody a Royal Caribbean bathrobe (to be used onboard), higher bathtub facilities, and an in-room Lavazza Espresso Espresso Machine. I particularly appreciated having the separate conditioner fairly than the combo shampoo/situation in customary staterooms
- Precedence eating and spa bookings
- Precedence seating in sure theaters, supplying you with entry to one of the best seats
- Precedence tendering (at tender ports, like Grand Cayman)
- Welcome amenity
- Complimentary ironing on First Formal Night time
- Complimentary VOOM wi-fi
- Precedence departure
Company staying in Star Class even have entry to a Royal Genie. A Royal Genie (which is a crew member) goes past the concierge service to offer extra of a butler service. The Royal Genie service and advantages embody expedited baggage dealing with and Royal Genie escort on embarkation and debarkation, prime seating at theaters, eating reservations, and extra.
Total staying in a Royal Caribbean suite might be an effective way to enhance an already enjoyable cruise and is value contemplating in your subsequent cruise to enhance your cruise expertise. Go to this web page to get extra pricing info in your cruise.