Late summer season 2023, I traveled to Greece’s mainland and the Greek islands of Santorini and Mykonos. You possibly can learn my journey studies right here:
At the moment: Nobu Resort Santorini (Greece)
Located on Santorini’s fascinating northeast coast, Nobu Resort Santorini is boutique resort which gives panoramic views of each the caldera and Aegean Sea from its distinctive clifftop location. The property homes a signature Nobu Restaurant, health facility, dual-level infinity pool, 25 rooms & suites (together with 5 pool villas). Only a 10-minute drive from the charming coastal city of Oia and 20 minutes from Santorini (Thira) Worldwide Airport, the resort is well-positioned alongside the famed Oia-Fira mountaineering path that runs between Oia and Fira, Santorini’s cosmopolitan capital. The property is managed by Nobu, the worldwide life-style model based by Nobu Matsuhisa, Robert De Niro, and Meir Teper.
Have you ever ever stayed at Nobu Resort Santorini? In that case, what was your expertise? Depart a remark.
On this evaluation (extra data and images beneath my YouTube video):
PROS & THINGS I LIKE
- The Nobu Resort is positioned in a secluded spot on Santorini’s majestic volcanic cliffs (caldera). The boutique resort is ready alongside a dust highway, which is actually a part of the well-known mountaineering path that connects Fira, the capital of Santorini, with Oia, the island’s most picturesque village. In reality, the resort is at present the one improvement on this a part of Santorini and its remoted but central location is considered one of its fundamental attracts, providing the very best of each worlds: it’s inside a brief distance from Santorini’s most well-known cities and village (by taxi or on foot when you don’t thoughts some severe mountaineering alongside the caldera path) however far sufficient away from the large vacationer crowds that go to the island’s points of interest every summer season. The Nobu Resort can be conveniently near the airport (a 15 min drive) and the seaport (a 40 min drive).
- The Nobu Resort Santorini is positioned on the outskirts of Imerovigli village. Imerovigli is commonly dubbed “the balcony of the Aegean” because of its place on the highest level of Santorini’s caldera (300 m or 1000 ft above sea degree). Whereas the resort’s setting isn’t as excessive as Imerovigli (and it’s fairly an uphill hike attending to the village), the views from the property are simply as gorgeous. The resort’s communal areas (pool & restaurant) in addition to a number of rooms boasts jaw-dropping views of the island’s caldera and the shimmering Aegean Sea. The property even appears out over the whitewashed village of Oia, which is world-famous for its Cycladic structure and sensible sundown views (attracting hundreds of vacationers every evening), though the sundown views from the resort are equally mesmerizing and crowd-free.
- Opened in 2022, the Nobu Resort Santorini was not constructed from the bottom up, however is a smooth revamp of a former five-star property (Omma Resort). The boutique property is designed within the conventional Cycladic model with a contact of Asian minimalism, leading to an eclectic fusion of Greek structure and Japanese interiors. The renovation of the prevailing resort website – Nobu’s first enterprise in Greece – was overseen by Elastic Architects, an award-winning Greek firm of proficient architects and inside designers. On the heart of the design is the resort’s open-sided courtyard with swimming pool, which enjoys breathtaking caldera views. One facet of the pool includes a small outside reception space and a fitness center (on the bottom ground) as nicely because the breakfast restaurant (on the primary degree) whereas the resort’s signature Nobu Restaurant is located on the opposite facet of the pool.
- The social hub of Nobu Resort Santorini is the attractive bi-level infinity pool, which sits on the coronary heart of the property. The higher degree is an oblong lap pool working parallel to the road in entrance of the resort and having fun with phenomenal caldera views, whereas the decrease degree is a sq. pool, located immediately behind the higher degree pool and having fun with a extra non-public ambiance away from the road. Most company will begin the day with a dip within the resort’s dreamy infinity pool, earlier than heading out to discover the island. Then, they’ll return to have lunch and to spend the afternoon lounging by the pool on plush sunbeds that ooze model and luxury, earlier than watching the solar go down, with a contemporary drink in hand and within the firm of likeminded folks. On chosen days (Thursday to Sunday), the resident DJ performs a backdrop of chilled island beats throughout sundown.
- Nobu Resort Santorini is an intimate boutique property, that includes simply 25 bedrooms. Lodging choices vary from the first-floor Aozora suites (with caldera & sundown views) to the two-level villas that includes non-public gardens and swimming swimming pools (the latter look out onto the opposite facet of the island and include dawn views). Throughout my vacation, I stayed in a Umi Suite on the resort’s first ground, which was reached by a separate entrance from the road. Styled in a minimalistic design, the cave-house model room featured a king-sized mattress (with a Simmons luxurious mattress), a lounge chair, and an ensuite lavatory outfitted with one wash basin, a bathroom, and a bathe. The suite’s spotlight was its non-public terrace with Jacuzzi, which provided spectacular panoramic views of the Caldera. Room facilities included a Nespresso machine, LCD TV with satellite tv for pc channels, and a Parlux hairdryer and Nature Bisse toiletries.
- The resort is dwelling to the nation’s first Nobu Restaurant. Set in a pergola moreover the pool, the venue serves lunch and dinner. At lunch, company can select from quite a lot of Mediterranean dishes and rotating ‘off the menu specials’ (don’t overlook to ask for the catch of the day) or go for heartier choices like Fried Umami Rooster Wings, Donburi and Wagyu Beef Sando. The signature Nobu expertise is served at dinnertime and options dishes similar to Nobu Tacos, Wagyu Dumplings, Rock Shrimps Tempura and Seafood & Beef Toban Yaki. The resort’s breakfast – which is served till midday on a terrace above the reception space – options the favored Nobu-Model “Full English”, Scrambled Egg Donburi and Matsuhisa Benedict to sweeter Chia Pudding and native Kagianas, a easy mixture of scrambled eggs, feta and tomato.
- The boutique property is a member of the Nobu Resort assortment. Named one of the modern luxurious manufacturers by Robb Report, Nobu Hospitality is ranked amongst an elite choice of world life-style manufacturers. Based by Nobu Matsuhisa, Robert De Niro, and Meir Teper, with operations spanning 5 continents, the Nobu model thrives on this planet’s capitals as the final word vacation spot life-style expertise. Nobu Lodges mix trendy cool luxurious and minimal Japanese custom into the idea of a life-style resort. The primary Nobu Resort opened in 2013 in Las Vegas and since then an extra 35 motels have been added each open and in improvement. At the moment Nobu motels are open within the following places: Manila, Miami Seaside, Malibu, Shoreditch (London), Ibiza, Palo Alto, Marbella, Los Cabos, Barcelona, Warsaw, Chicago, Portman Sq. (London), Santorini, Atlanta, Marrakech and Seville.
CONS & THINGS TO KNOW
- Rooms at Nobu Resort Santorini are pretty shut collectively and don’t all the time really feel very non-public. For instance, a number of rooms on the bottom ground have terraces which look out proper on the general public pool deck. Though these rooms include Jacuzzis, company won’t be inclined to make use of them because of a lack of privateness, since different company are consistently passing by at shut proximity. If privateness is a should for you, make certain to ebook a primary ground room.
- Nobu Resort Santorini is positioned proper subsequent to a dust highway which could be very fashionable amongst hikers (because it connects the island’s capital Thyra with Oia). In the course of the day, dozens of hikers go alongside the property and have a direct view of company lounging across the higher pool (which is positioned on the road degree). It would really feel a bit awkward, however that stated, most motels within the Imerovigli space are positioned alongside this mountaineering path with their pool areas uncovered to passing trekkers. The excellent news is that there’s seldom motor site visitors at Nobu Resort Santorini and the fabulous views throughout the caldera greater than make up for the shortage of privateness.
- Nobu Resort Santorini calls all of its rooms “suites”, however in actual fact they really feel extra like rooms than true suites. For instance, whereas my room – the Umi Suite – was completely beautiful, it was not an actual suite, a minimum of not on the within. Aside from one armchair, there was no actual sitting space (though the outside terrace was expansive). Additionally the villas on the resort will not be what I’d name true villas: every villa is comprised of two bedrooms on high of one another, however there is no such thing as a separate sitting space. One thing to remember is that the villas – that are nice for households or a bunch of buddies – don’t include caldera views (they give the impression of being out over Santorini’s reverse facet)
- The service at Nobu Resort Santorini didn’t utterly adhere to the requirements I’d anticipate from a luxurious property. This can be partly as a result of the resort is new – and they’re understanding the kinks – however I did encounter a number of service points throughout my keep. For instance, the check-in course of was a particularly sluggish and inefficient affair which took roughly half-hour (and after I used to be lastly on my method to the room, I used to be referred to as again to the reception space since they forgot to serve me a welcome drink). Additionally, I obtained the improper orders for breakfast on every morning of my two-night keep (which turned a bit irritating after some time), and the morning of my departure – once I needed to catch my aircraft again dwelling – it took 45 minutes to organize my sizzling breakfast dish. General, the employees was very pleasant however they gave the impression to be missing some coaching in sure areas. I hope that the service shall be extra polished subsequent season.
- Nobu Resort Santorini includes a well-equipped fitness center, nevertheless it lack a wellness heart. Presently, spa therapies are solely obtainable in-room though the resort homeowners have plans to construct a luxe spa sooner or later.
- Nobu Resort Santorini is pleased with its sustainability insurance policies however sadly, it nonetheless gives single-use lavatory toiletries (as a substitute of refillable glass-only bottles).
- Final summer season, Nobu Resort Santorini was one of the costly motels on Santorini Island. Throughout excessive season, the entry room charges have been nicely above 1000 euros per evening, which – in my humble opinion – was means an excessive amount of, given the shortage of privateness of the pool space and several other rooms, as nicely the service points I encountered. That stated, I seen that the room charges for the following 2024 summer season season are extra fairly priced (beginning at 681 euros per evening in excessive season) and extra in step with the product provided.
- Location: 8/10
- Design: 8/10
- Pool: 9/10
- Rooms: 8/10
- Meals: 8/10
- Breakfast: 8/10
- Spa: n/a (not obtainable)
- Service: 7/10
- Wow issue: 8/10
- Worth for cash: 7/10
- General expertise: 8/10 (superb)
TIPS FOR FUTURE GUESTS & SAVE MONEY
- Get monetary savings: learn right here my ideas for getting the very best deal at a luxurious resort like Nobu Resort Santorini (and/or obtain many free perks).
- Room tip: if full privateness is a should for you, make certain to keep away from the bottom ground rooms and to ebook a primary ground room as a substitute.
- Learn my ideas for getting ready your journey in time.
BEST TIME TO VISIT
The perfect time to go to Santorini is spring and fall when the climate’s heat and the crowds are few. Like all the Cyclades, Santorini welcomes probably the most guests throughout the summer season, so that you’ll must make your reservations a minimum of two months upfront to journey then.
HOW TO GET THERE
Nobu Resort Santorini is positioned a 40 minute drive from Santorini’s ferry port and a 15 min drive from Santorini (Thira) Nationwide Airport. The airport is served by most European charters and a few full-service and low-cost airways in vacationer season (click on right here for a direct hyperlink to their web sites), however has no direct abroad connections.
Beneath is a choice of my images of Nobu Resort Santorini. To view extra resort images (together with dinner on the Nobu Restaurant), click on right here.