Dubai will get sizzling in the summertime. Actually sizzling. We’re speaking as much as 50°C (122°F). However is it nonetheless value planning a stopover, or perhaps a longer vacation in Dubai over the recent summer season months?
Sure, it’s going to be sweaty sizzling, nevertheless it’s additionally a metropolis constructed to cope with the intense temperatures. A summer season stopover in Dubai will not be as insufferable as you suppose – let’s see what you’ll be able to anticipate!
Dubai Summer season Survival Information
On this information to what to anticipate throughout summer season in Dubai, we run you thru;
If you’re in search of winter journey in Dubai, pop on over to those Dubai in winter information
Dubai Temperature – How sizzling does it truly get in Summer season?
While summer season averages are reported at 45°C (113°F), it’s fairly typical to expertise day time maximums as much as 50°C (122°F). The most popular month of the 12 months is August in Dubai.
What you’re feeling in Dubai and what’s truly reported within the peaks of summer season may also be two various things! It’s essential to bear in mind not solely the temperature however the humidity too. It helps if in case you have a climate app that offers you the “looks like” temperature as nicely!!
The humidity in Dubai tends to be extra noticeable within the latter half of summer season August to September.
It’s additionally necessary to notice that in a single day, though you don’t get the highly effective warmth of the solar, the temperatures actually don’t drop actually beneath 30°C (86°F). You’ll be able to actually see and do much more after darkish with out the obvious solar and warmth, however be reasonable about what will be executed at evening time too.
Let’s agree, it’s sizzling.
Additionally take a look at these month-to-month climate guides for
Coping with the warmth in Dubai
Coping with the summer season warmth in Dubai for many vacationers will not be practically as troublesome because it may appear, First up, practically every little thing is airconditioned to the max – even too chilly. You’ll arrive in an airconditioned airport, switch to an airconditioned automotive or Metro practice and arrive at airconditioned lodging. Even bus stops are air-conditioned in lots of places!
While the skin air temperature is excessive, most resorts will chill their swimming pools in the summertime months to make them a refreshing retreat. Swimming continues to be greatest tackled early morning and late afternoon/evenings.
The identical can’t be mentioned for the ocean, nonetheless! You have to to be conscious that the salty waters of the Gulf will be too sizzling for swimming in over summer season (32-35°C/90-95°F); it’s going to really feel extra like spa water than a refreshing break.
And in case it isn’t apparent, the sand turns into excruciatingly sizzling in the summertime. It solely takes burning sand changing into trapped in your sandals or flip-flops as soon as to work this one out, not to mention in case you dare try to stroll on it with naked ft!
Dressing for the warmth in Dubai
It’s best to all the time costume sensibly for the warmth. Please don’t have any misconceptions although that women must be carrying a full head masking or burkha! This implies ideally put on free cotton clothes that’s nonetheless respectable.
A few necessary summer season clothes observations:
- Vacationers want to notice is the distinction between “resort put on” and what you put on in public. Though this appears to have relaxed over time (perhaps an excessive amount of?), as an indication of respect, hold the skimpy clothes and bathers solely to the pool & seaside.
- When strolling by lodge public areas, on public transport, in malls and eating places, you must ALWAYS costume respectfully for the Muslim nation you might be in. At a minimal, suppose lined knees and shoulders for each sexes and nothing too clingy and revealing – yep, you will note lots of people flaunting this “rule”.
- Persist with cotton/rayon and breathable supplies. Man-made supplies will go away you in much more of a sizzling sweaty mess.
- Temperature drops between outdoors and indoor air-con will be excessive. Make no mistake you’ll nonetheless need to pack a wrap or cardigan for these indoor blasts of chilly!
Locations to go to in Dubai in summer season
While many seasonal favourites could also be closed, there’s nonetheless loads taking place indoors to get pleasure from in Dubai over the summer season months.
If you’re trying particularly for household actions in Dubai head over to this publish to study 70+ indoor actions for teenagers.
Dubai Mall & Burj Khalifa
One of many world’s largest malls nonetheless has an enormous quantity happening over summer season. You could possibly actually spend a few days right here and never run out of issues to do! Sitting within the coronary heart of “Downtown Dubai”, a few of our favourites at Dubai Mall embody:
- Burj Khalifa Statement Deck (Ranges 124 & 125 “At The Prime” advance reserving important). The doorway is thru the Dubai Mall basement degree.
- Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo you’ll be able to view the world’s largest suspended tank from throughout the Mall at no cost, or are available for loads of interactive water life experiences.
- Kidzania Dubai – a real-to-life city the place children “work” to earn Kidzos to spend on enjoyable actions.
- VR Park – a digital actuality theme park.
- Dubai Ice Rink – indoor ice skating enjoyable.
- The Infinity des Lumiere – pioneering digital artwork within the area, numerous exhibitions are introduced all year long.
- Night fountain present of Burj Lake, plus LED mild present on the Burj Khalifa.
- With the youngsters, don’t overlook the enormous Hamleys retailer, plus The Toy Retailer within the basement – loads of FREE enjoyable leisure!
Dubai Mall is actually not the one shopping center with loads happening. In actual fact, Malls are the place most summer season life circulates round in Dubai throughout the day. You too can strive just a few extra novel indoor concepts in Dubai comparable to:
Mall of the Emirates
Simple to succeed in on the Metro (adapt identify cease Mall of the Emirates), sits about 30 minutes away. Mall of the Emirates is pretty shut by for these staying at any of the Jumeirah Lodges and solely about 10 minutes away from the Dubai Marina/JBR space.
Metropolis Centre Mirdif
Situates south of Dubai metropolis, this can be a nice suburban mall completely filled with leisure and eating choices. It’s not on the Metro so that you’d want a taxi/Uber. Why not strive
A smaller group Mall that’s obtained just a few key enjoyable leisure sights for summer season! You’ll discover it on the Crimson Metro line, (Rostamani Tower is 300m away, 4 min stroll or Monetary Centre Metro about 350m away 5 min stroll)
Prime Dubai vacationer sights to go to in the summertime
These are the most effective ones for maintaining cool inside, although you should still must stroll outdoors just a little to get to them!
- The Dubai Body – excellent views in addition to interactive shows round Dubai’s previous and current in Zabeel Park
- Etihad Museum – study extra concerning the nation’s current historical past and journey to unification
- The Inexperienced Planet Dubai – a wholly indoor biodome expertise that transports you to a tropical rainforest (heat however a lot cooler than outdoors!!) at Metropolis Stroll.
- La Perle night extravaganza by Dragone is without doubt one of the metropolis’s most extremely acclaimed stage exhibits with a everlasting house in Al Habtoor Metropolis.
There’s a great detailed assessment right here what you must anticipate at Dubai Parks and Resorts in the summertime so you might be absolutely ready for simply how sizzling it may be.
There are a tonne extra enjoyable indoor actions from mountaineering to flee rooms that may all be loved totally indoors over the summer season in Dubai – take a look at our full Dubai indoor leisure information right here.
Outside actions in Dubai over Summer season
The principle outside sights which can be nonetheless in full operation over the most well liked summer season months are the water parks.
REMEMBER: Even in case you rent a cabana, put on sunscreen and keep within the shade, it could actually nonetheless be excruciatingly sizzling outdoors even at a water park. Be conscious of sizzling surfaces (put on flip-flops or non-slip pool footwear in all places and be VERY cautious of touching surfaces).
Outside night actions to strive in Dubai in Summer season:
So long as you’re ready for it to nonetheless be fairly sweaty, even after darkish, you could possibly strive these night actions in Dubai as soon as the solar goes down.
- Dubai Backyard Glow & Dinosaur Park – beforehand a winter venue, this park stayed open over Eid evenings final 12 months and appears like it might stick round for a for much longer season to mild up your balmy evenings.
- Stroll across the Al Fahidi neighbourhood, taking in lots of the metropolis’s museums and galleries and alongside the creek entrance at Al Seef earlier than catching a conventional abra throughout the gold and spice souks in Deira.
- The Stroll in JBR, a well-liked outside eating district alongside the seaside nonetheless has a vibrant nightlife, though outside eating is generally eliminated within the peak of summer season.
- La Mer – not simply the waterpark there’s additionally a vibrant nightlife district right here that also has a great vibe after darkish.
- Souk Madinat Jumeirah – a way more trendy souk expertise, from right here you get the spectacular views again to Burj Al Arab. Principally indoor and airconditioned, a number of eating choices and picturesque waterways.
- A conventional dhow boat round Dubai Fountain Lake – see the Dubai fountains up shut on this spectacular night sound and lightweight present.
Ought to I do a Dubai desert safari in Summer season?
Many desert safari corporations do proceed to run over summer season, albeit on a diminished program.
We expect this actually depends upon the way you deal with the warmth, however primarily based on a few years of expertise, something from late Might to early October begins to get actually sticky outdoors.
If you’re warmth lovers you should still get pleasure from it, however with younger children, I might be extraordinarily cautious of recommending a desert safari in the summertime. An possibility could be to take an early morning desert safari as a substitute to beat the worst warmth of the day.
What can be closed in Dubai over Summer season
Our favorite sights in Dubai which can be NOT operational in summer season (see hyperlinks to seek out out when they are going to re-open, its variably round finish of October/early November) embody:
Many eating places and sights do now stay open all through summer season, albeit with very diminished applications or solely opening within the evenings. Outside brunches cease in the summertime and rooftop decks will solely open within the evenings, if in any respect.
It’s all the time greatest to verify opening hours from Ramadan (April onwards) during summer season for something with an out of doors factor.
The place to remain in Dubai over the summer season
The excellent news is, nearly wherever is the reply. All Dubai resorts can be airconditioned, and it’s very unusual to come back throughout a lodge that doesn’t chill their pool in summer season.
For those who keep in a lodge immediately connected to one of many malls or souqs you should have glorious entry to leisure and eating services with out having to place a foot outdoors. Why not strive;
Dubai resorts connected to purchasing malls
Greatest Dubai resorts connected to waterparks
See a few of our favorite Dubai resorts that INCLUDE a waterpark or slides!
Dubai resorts with good summer season services
Many lodge resorts additionally embody mini water parks, lazy rivers, and children golf equipment inside their grounds. The alternatives are nearly limitless and the summer season worth will be incredible. Just a few solutions to strive:
For a very distinctive expertise throughout your Dubai stopover – and if the funds will stretch – why not keep in a lodge with a personal pool?
If you’re solely in Dubai for a really brief stopover, chances are you’ll decide to merely keep within the airport over the most well liked time of the 12 months. We now have an entire information to issues to do in DXB Airport right here.
Summer season travellers can also have the ability to benefit from the My Emirates Go which supplies reductions on scores of eating places retail shops and sights, just by displaying you could have an Emirates boarding go.
Extra incessantly requested questions on summer season in Dubai
It actually depends upon what you’re feeling is “sizzling”. Usually talking, it begins to get too sizzling for outside exercise by the tip of Might. Many seasonal and outside occasions will begin to shut on the finish of April/begin of Might.
You can find little reprieve from the Dubai warmth till the tip of October.
Dubai can nonetheless be actually nice and satisfying to go to in the summertime in case you’re ready to restrict the period of time you spend outdoor and set your expectations of what’s attainable to do in the summertime warmth.
If you are interested in visiting lots of the metropolis’s indoor sights and are completely satisfied to go away most of your outside actions till after darkish, you’ll be able to nonetheless have an awesome trip in Dubai in the summertime.
This actually depends upon your tolerance to warmth and what you need to do in Dubai. For those who’re in search of a seaside trip filled with days on the seaside and taking part in within the water with the youngsters, chances are you’ll be higher off ready for the climate to chill just a little from October by April.
If, nonetheless, your plans see you flying by Dubai within the hottest months, you’ll be able to nonetheless completely fill an itinerary with extra indoor actions and keep up later within the night when the air cools (just a little). Life simply modifications round just a little in Dubai to deal with the warmth.
Earlier than you go… Extra necessary issues you must know when planning a visit to Dubai
A closing notice. We will’t stress sufficient that staying hydrated is essential! For those who do try to stroll outdoors within the daytime warmth take precautions, be reasonable about how far you’ll be able to go, and hold the Careem or Uber app in your cellphone!
Please notice we aren’t a journey company. This website is a journey weblog to assist newcomers to the UAE and transit passengers self plan their journey, we can’t ebook your flights, resorts, visas or connections for you. We might make a small fee in case you click on on any of our suggestion hyperlinks.
Dubai Journey Planner