Whether or not it’s sunbathing, browsing, snorkeling, diving, mountaineering or just exploring, Koh Samui presents one thing for everybody all yr spherical.
With its good seashores, expansive coral reefs, and tropical sea temperatures, Koh Samui is the proper vacation spot. However when is the perfect time to go to Koh Samui?
Koh Samui’s local weather is totally different from Phuket and different elements of Thailand, whereas there are nonetheless set seasons it’s vital to know what to anticipate when visiting Koh Samui.
For instance, Thailand’s wet season on the west coast suffers from nice monsoon storms, whereas the east coast the place Koh Samui is positioned, stays an awesome seaside vacation spot.
What’s the Finest Month to Go to Koh Samui?
Though January and February are the months with the perfect climate in Koh Samui, the perfect month to go to is in April.
It’s just a few levels hotter, there are fewer crowds and costs are decrease, plus you get to hitch in with the Songkran competition.
When is the Wet Season in Koh Samui?
Koh Samui’s wet season runs from October by means of to December with November being Koh Samui’s wettest month.
November has, on common, 490 mm or 10 inches of rainfall. That’s lots of rain by any measurement! Anticipate monsoons, windy climate, and water actions to be closed because of security.
It’s nevertheless the perfect time to go to Koh Samui on a finances, with higher offers on lodging, actions, and even foods and drinks. Different guests are few and much between and you should have the place to your self.
When is the Finest Time to Go to Koh Samui? (A season-by-season information)
Here’s a season-by-season information on when you need to or shouldn’t go to Koh Samui. We have now additionally given a fast overview of every month, so as to scan the article and see what the island will probably be like throughout your go to.
1. Peak Season in Koh Samui = Dry Season
The most effective time to go to Koh Samui weather-wise is December to February, it is also Koh Samui’s peak season for that reason.
- December is the good month, however nonetheless heat by European requirements. Temperatures are comfy with a mean low of 25°C (78°F) and a excessive of 29°C (85°F). It’s largely sunny with some mild showers and it’s a good time to do some sightseeing and water sports activities.
- January continues to be cool with common low/excessive temperatures of 25/30°C (78/85°F), many come to have fun Western New Yr and Chinese language New Yr with road festivals, fireworks, and temple celebrations.
- February is the driest month to go to Koh Samui, and likewise the sunniest. Days are heat and vibrant and it’s a good time to go mountaineering and discover the gorgeous waterfalls.
2. Shoulder Season in Koh Samui = Sizzling Season
March to June is the recent season in Koh Samui. Whereas February and March are statistically the sunniest months, April continues to be time to go to Koh Samui with the climate staying vibrant and hardly any rainfall.
How sizzling is Koh Samui in March? The typical low/excessive temperature is 27/32°C (80/89°F) with temperatures rising steadily into April and Might.
It is a good time to expertise native festivals like Makha Bucha Day, considered one of Thailand’s largest Buddhist festivals involving holy gatherings of monks together with tributes to Buddha.
One other nice cause to go to in April is the Songkran Pageant or Thai New Yr. This falls on the most well liked time in Koh Samui, April 13–15. Folks assault one another in water battles, spraying anybody and everybody with water weapons to specific good needs and funky down within the warmth.
- March or April is a superb time to go to for underwater actions like snorkeling and diving due to the calm sea. Common sea temperatures are a bath-like 29 levels centigrade, good for recognizing turtles and exploring the coral.
- The Gulf of Thailand is teeming with tropical marine life, and divers from all around the world come to discover Koh Samui to expertise this underwater world.
- Might is Koh Samui’s hottest month, with hovering common temperatures of round 33ºC and could be fairly moist.
- June is cooler however nonetheless fairly humid, it’s time to go to to keep away from the crowds.
3. Koh Samui’s Second Peak Season
From July to September Koh Samui experiences the second wave of nice climate and fewer showers than different elements of Thailand.
- July has common temperatures of 27/32°C (80/89°F) with some showers, it’s common throughout this time with nomads residing in Thailand and honeymooners.
- August stays just like July weather-wise, showers stay however are often short-lived and simply waited out underneath a bar cover.
- September begins to get somewhat cooler with common temperatures of 27/31°C (80/88°F), a number of extra showers however nonetheless extra sunny days than wet ones. It’s a bit quieter with the tip of the summer season holidays for a lot of, and costs begin to drop off with some nice offers available on lodging.
4. Low Season in Koh Samui is the Wet Season
October and November are Koh Samui’s wettest months; the wet season all through Thailand makes it an affordable place to journey presently of yr. The typical low/excessive temperatures in October and November are 27/32°C (81/90°F).
Be ready for heavy monsoons and thunderstorms in November with a mean precipitation of 10 inches!
Many watersports shut up because the seas are too harmful with robust winds and tough climate. However there are nonetheless different issues to do in Koh Samui in November, like a Thai spa or cooking lessons.
What’s the Finest Time of Yr to Go to Koh Samui Conclusion
The most effective time to journey to Koh Samui actually is determined by you. In case you simply wish to come and benefit from the climate and wonderful seashores go to anytime between mid-December to September.
For mountaineering, visiting waterfalls, and exploring the outside the dry season is your greatest guess.
For the numerous festivals and actions, January and April are each nice months to go to Koh Samui to expertise the tradition.
If it is the underwater world you’re right here for, sea temperatures are nice all yr spherical, simply keep away from the unhealthy sea situations throughout Monson season. In case you go on the proper time visibility is as much as a formidable 35m round Koh Samui. If you wish to see whale sharks, go to throughout March, April, September, or October, after they’re most prevalent within the space.
In case you’re on a finances and need fewer crowds, the wet season may be the time so that you can go to.
Koh Samui has one thing for everybody at any time of yr, however I hope this has helped you slim it down.
Now that you’ve got managed to determine while you wish to go to Koh Samui, you may like our helpful information on how one can get to Koh Samui.