One in every of Dubai’s most beautiful and unmissable fashionable points of interest is watching the Dubai Fountain Present on the Burj Khalifa Lake, Downtown Dubai.
In yet one more Dubai world-record-breaking construct, it’s the largest dancing fountain present on this planet.
On this Dubai Fountain Present information we’ll take you thru:
Watching the Dubai Fountains is likely one of the finest free issues to do in Dubai at night time – try all of Dubai’s free points of interest right here.
Dubai Fountain Present Timings
- Every day Night Exhibits 6:00 PM – 11:00 PM each half-hour
- Seasonally, lunchtime performances could also be added at 1:00 PM and 1:30 PM (1:30 PM & 2:00 PM weekends)
Over Eid & Public Holidays the Dubai Mall fountain present occasions could change schedule and additional reveals could also be scheduled to run all afternoon by means of to midnight. The lunchtime performances have traditionally not run over Ramadan and begin after Iftar – first present this 12 months we count on might be 7:30 PM.
The Dubai Mall dancing fountain present itself runs for about 5 minutes at a time.
Burj Khalifa Gentle Present Timings
It’s good to catch the primary Dubai Fountain present at nightfall after which return for a later nighttime present when you can even seize LED lighting shows on the Burj Khalifa from 7.45 PM. The Burj Khalifa gentle present runs each half-hour on Friday, Saturday and Sunday till 10.45 PM.
On weekdays, each hour from 7.45 PM (Program topic to alter yearly; not confirmed for 2024).
This can be a nice stop-gap entertainer whilst you’re ready for the fountains. Usually, there are particular themed lightings on the Burj Khalifa for nationwide and worldwide celebrations, consciousness campaigns and particular events – you may’t get a a lot greater announcement than printing it on the Burj Khalifa!
The place Can I Watch the Fountain Present in Dubai?
The Dubai Fountain is constructed on a 30-acre lake, referred to as Burj Khalifa Lake, or just Burj Lake which sits between the Dubai Mall, Souk Al Bahar and Burj Khalifa. The fountains are choreographed to music to make it appear like they’re dancing, therefore they’re typically referred to as “the Dancing Fountains of Dubai”.
The waterfront promenade in entrance of Dubai Mall is the most well-liked and simple to entry location to see the Dubai Fountains – totally free. It’s additionally one of many busiest. Most individuals are inclined to exit Dubai Mall from the central exit (beneath the mega Apple retailer – which additionally has an out of doors viewing balcony!)
This may be exceptionally crowded at peak occasions of the night, 10 to fifteen minutes earlier than each present. Except you wish to minimize throughout the bridge to Souk al Bahar, we DO NOT suggest you are taking this exit. If you’re travelling with strollers, younger youngsters, the disabled or the aged, be actually acutely aware of this.
As a substitute, should you head to the Decrease Floor Ground exit close to “On the Prime”, on the Style Avenue finish of the Dubai Mall, the exit right here is much much less crowded, and you can be in a greater place to see the fountains and the Burj Khalifa.
There are many different methods to make sure a great view of the Dubai Fountains, together with:
- Taking a fountain lake experience on a conventional abra round Burj Lake (see extra under!)
- Stroll on to the Dubai Fountain Boardwalk (see extra under!)
- Eating at one of many close by eating places with out of doors seating over the lake (see extra under!)
- From the walkway round Souk Al Bahar
- From up above in one of many metropolis’s towering skyscrapers, together with At The Prime Burj Khalifa
Do be aware, it’s finest to plan to be in place round quarter-hour earlier than the present. The water will begin to twinkle round 10 minutes earlier than then the promenade lights might be dimmed in preparation.
Fountain Lake Trip – Seeing the Dubai Fountains From the Water
You possibly can rise up near the efficiency on a picket abra that circles Burj Khalifa Lake. The boats depart in timed slots quarter-hour earlier than every present (so, at quarter previous and at quarter to the hour), and final for half-hour.
Notice that these tickets are collected from On the Prime (the Burj Khalifa ticketing counter) on the decrease floor ground of Dubai Mall). You should be organised nicely prematurely because it takes a number of minutes to get from the ticketing counter again to the “Lake Trip” entrance level on the promenade – and this can be a tremendous busy vacationer space.
You possibly can rapidly verify the provision of the Dubai Fountain Lake Trip right here:
You possibly can improve your water expertise by taking a Dubai Canal Cruise. That is on a a lot bigger dhow boat and can embrace a 5-star dinner buffet, seeing the Dubai Canal highlights lit up at night time, together with IMAGINE at Dubai Pageant Metropolis, and the brand new waterfall underneath Sheikh Zayed Street
(NB the dinner cruise departs from Dubai Pageant Metropolis Mall, not Dubai Mall, at 7:00 PM nightly; the fountains are a passing cease on a for much longer itinerary, an outstanding strategy to seize lots of the metropolis’s finest night time reveals on water)
See the Fountains on a Evening Tour of Dubai
One other touring possibility is to see the Dubai Fountains as a part of a mixed nighttime tour of town’s highlights. This 4-hour personal tour (obtainable in English, Spanish, Italian, French, Portuguese or German) features a cease on the Dubai Fountains.
Dubai Fountain Boardwalk
The Dubai Fountain Boardwalk (often known as the Dubai Fountain Stroll Bridge) is a floating platform from Burj Park, Downtown Dubai, which offers one of the crucial up-close experiences for viewing the fountains; at its closest level, you might be solely 9 metres away!
There may be an entry cost to the Dubai Fountain Boardwalk of 20 AED, however you may keep on the 272m lengthy boardwalk so long as you want. Open 5:00 PM to 11:00 PM each day, youngsters should be over 4-years previous.
The Dubai Fountain Boardwalk is included within the “Dubai Cross” Choose, Flexi Attraction and Limitless packages
Water Experiences at Dubai Fountains
A brand new set of experiences has been added to the waterfront lineup by Emaar Leisure. Youngsters and households can take pleasure in motorised and self-pedal boats and kayaks on an extension to the Burj Lake.
Pop over to our full information right here of Dubai Fountain Water experiences for pricing and to be taught extra.
Eating places Overlooking Dubai Fountain
Each the Dubai Mall and Souk Al Bahar have many eating places overlooking Burj Khalifa Lake. There are additionally close by resort eating places (licenced) the place you may catch a glimpse. That is one of the best ways to expertise the Dubai Mall fountains.
Our favorite Dubai Mall eating places with fountains views
- On decrease floor degree attempt; Social Home – informal worldwide eating, Carluccios – Italian, Wafi Connoisseur – Lebanese. For some fast bites, look out for Nandos, Pizza Hut, and KFC.
- Degree 1 – OFK (Open Flame Kitchen) – upscale worldwide
- Degree 2 – TGI Fridays – American eating; Tribes – informal African eating with an awesome vibe
NB eating places inside Dubai Mall are all dry – i.e. they don’t serve alcohol whereas accommodations and people inside Souk Al Bahar are licensed.
Our favorite Souk Al Bahar eating places with fountain views
- Bice Mare – Italian Seafood
- Serafina – Italian
- Karma Kafe – Pan Asian
- Smaller bites you may seize from Deluca Café and Baker & Spice
Our favorite close by eating places with fountain views
Dubai Fountains – Learn how to Get There
If you’re not taking a taxi or self-parking, essentially the most handy strategy to entry Dubai Mall is through Metro.
Probably the most handy stops are each on the crimson line:
- The Burj Khalifa / Dubai Mall Metro Station is the closest, albeit it may be extremely busy in peak occasions (round a 10-minute stroll even with travellators).
- Enterprise Bay Metro is an additional away stroll (round quarter-hour) however could be much less busy within the evenings if you wish to keep away from strolling by means of the mall.
You might simply mix in a single night a visit to On the Prime Burj Khalifa and seeing the fountains at floor degree. It’s spectacular to see Downtown lit up from above, however extra atmospheric, and to listen to the music, it’s worthwhile to be close by.
Close by Points of interest to Dubai Fountains
The Dubai Fountains actually are on the vacationer epicentre of town. Should you solely have one night time to spend exploring Dubai, that is most likely the place your night time will begin or finish.
The place to Keep Close to the Dubai Fountains
These trying to keep near Downtown and the fountains there are plentiful lodging choices – all of it depends upon the scale of your group and price range.
- Greatest Views – Palace Downtown – sensational up to date Center Japanese luxurious and views you’ll by no means need to go away.
- Worth choose – Rove Downtown – a 1- minute stroll away and a crossing over Monetary Centre Street however costs as little as $86 USD an evening make this a wonderful central possibility.
- Household Decide – Roda Al Murooj Residences – that is our prime choose for households because it contains residence choices with the luxurious and amenities of a resort, about 8 minutes to Dubai Mall utilizing the sky bridge hooked up to Deal with Boulevard.
- Most luxurious – Armani Resort Dubai inside Burj Khalifa – you might even get a room with fountain views.
See all of your close by Downtown Dubai resort and residence choices right here:
Dubai Fountain Details
First operational in Might 2009, the Dubai Fountains pre-date even the opening of the Burj Khalifa! Listed here are only a few enjoyable information to know in regards to the Dubai Fountains:
- The fountains cowl over 900 ft in size
- Excessive-pressure shooters are what make the fountains “dance”
- Tremendous shooters can hearth 240 ft into the air
- Water from the acute shooters can shoot as excessive as 500 ft (a 50 story constructing!!)
- As much as 22,000 gallons of water can shoot into the air at anybody level
- There are 6,600 Superlights and 25 color projectors.
- The songs performed fluctuate between classical Arabic and up to date hits
- The fountains had been designed by WET Design, who additionally designed the Bellagio Fountains in Las Vegas
Pop over right here if you need extra Enjoyable Details In regards to the Burj Khalifa!
Extra Ceaselessly Requested Questions on the Downtown Dubai Fountains & Burj Gentle Present
Sure, it’s free to face on the promenade and watch the fountain present at night time.
If you want a more in-depth view from a conventional dhow boat, or from the boardwalk then extra charges apply.
Each half-hour from 6:00 PM till 11:00 PM is the standard schedule, although this will fluctuate by season and for public holidays.
We’ve finished our greatest to offer up-to-date data on the present Dubai Fountain present occasions and Burj Khalifa gentle showtimes, however these are topic to alter. In Ramadan, as an illustration, this system is assorted to slot in with fasting hours so could begin later than 6pm.
The lunchtime present can be assorted for holidays and weekends, so you might discover the fountains are usually not going off as anticipated.
These adjustments to programming are not often marketed, so its unimaginable for us to provide you correct Dubai Mall Fountain timings for every single day of the 12 months.
This newer fountain show surprisingly closed pretty abruptly in 2023, so we consider the Dubai Mall fountain present as soon as extra holds the file because the world’s largest fountain present, presently working.
There are a number of vantage factors across the Dubai Mall and Burj Lake, however the most effective viewing level for the Burj Khalifa gentle present is from the eating places at Souk Al Bahar.
The Burj Khalifa gentle present is totally free to observe. If you need a more in-depth view by boat, this can be a paid exercise,
You’re seeing the identify all over the place round Downtown Dubai, proper? Emaar Properties is an Emirati multinational actual property improvement firm liable for constructing the complete space. It’s a publicly listed firm within the UAE. We guess when it’s yours, you may put your identify wherever you need. We decode extra Dubai lingo for you over right here!
Earlier than you go… Extra vital issues it is best to know when planning a visit to Dubai
Please be aware we aren’t a journey company. This website is a journey weblog to assist newcomers to the UAE and transit passengers self plan their journey, we can not e-book your flights, accommodations, visas or connections for you. We could make a small fee should you click on on any of our advice hyperlinks.
Dubai Journey Planner