Riga’s low cost costs, tremendous low cost booze, bustling nightlife, and delightful surroundings make it an excellent location for finances vacationers… besides that it’s situated away from the traditional finances traveler’s path. Nevertheless, you’ll find low cost flights to Riga from most main cities in case you e-book forward.
On this Riga journey value information, we’ve outlined the estimated journey bills for meals, lodging, points of interest, alcohol, and different issues widespread bills that will help you finances your journey to Riga.
This text is a part of our Metropolis Worth Information Collection — Click on right here to see all our metropolis value guides.
Common Every day Prices for Visiting Riga
It prices round €40-€65/day to go to Riga comfortably as a finances traveler.
If you wish to improve your lodging, add one other €60-€80+ per night time relying in your stage of lodging. These costs additionally don’t embody massive nights out on the bar/pub, membership entry charges, memento/clothes purchasing, excursions, random purchases, nicer meals, and many others.
Common Every day Value of Price range Journey in Riga: €58 (Approx. $62)
- Sights: €6 (one paid attraction + any free sights)
- Meals: €25
- Breakfast: €2
- Lunch: €8
- Dinner: €13
- Deal with (dessert/beer/wine): €2
- Transportation: €1.50
- Lodging (Hostel): €26
Every day Value of Frugal Journey in Riga: €37 (Approx. $41)
- Sights: €5 (free strolling tour + go to one of many free sights)
- Meals: €14
- Breakfast: €2
- Lunch: €3
- Dinner: €8
- Beer: €1
- Transportation: €0 (stroll)
- Lodging (Low-cost Hostel): €18
Riga Attraction and Museum Costs
Sights in Riga are inexpensive and sometimes free however some free websites could ask for a donation. We propose taking a strolling tour to study in regards to the metropolis’s historical past.
Meals Costs in Riga
Meals might be very inexpensive in Riga however you’ll wish to perform a little analysis to search out the very best quality. Nevertheless, in case you plan on consuming in Fort Sq., you’ll pay a premium.
Many locations provide “enterprise lunch,” which is a fixed-price menu that consists of a starter, a most important, and a drink. Anticipate to pay anyplace from €5-€9.
Like most Baltic and Japanese European delicacies, conventional Latvian meals is heavy on pork, potatoes, and cabbage. Pickled greens – mushrooms, cucumbers, and beets – are a typical accompaniment to all meals.
Learn extra of our methods for Consuming and Ingesting in Europe on a Price range.
Price range Breakfast Costs in Riga: €3-€6
- Many hostels will provide a free easy breakfast that usually consists of cereal, bread/croissant, and possibly milk, espresso, tea, or juice (some hostels will provide extra and a few much less). Lodge breakfasts are usually overpriced, so skip these normally.
- Breakfast pastry from the bakery will price round €2-€3.
- Espresso’s recognition has surged in Riga and an honest cup at a café will run €1.50-€2.50.
- A pancake brunch will price about €4.50-€6.
Price range-Pleasant Breakfast Spots
- Large Unhealthy Bagels: Cozy spot serving up tasty bagels.
- Rigensis: Nice espresso, desserts, and different conventional pastries.
- Lido: Meals courtroom serving hearty Latvian meals from breakfast to dinner for a stable value. Chain with a number of places.
- Ze Donats: Cute and quirky spot with enjoyable doughnuts.
Price range Lunch Costs in Riga: €5-€10
- Tremendous finances vacationers could make a brilliant low cost lunch of bread, cheese, and fruit from any grocery retailer for a couple of euros.
- Pelmeni (small, meat-stuffed dumplings) can be found at stands and for takeaway and are a well-liked finances alternative. Anticipate to pay €2-€4 for a meal at XL Pelmeni, a neighborhood favourite.
- FolkKlub Ala gives conventional Latvian meals for affordable; it caters to vacationers and locals alike. Entrees run €3.50-€5, and beer €1.50-€3. It’s additionally a sensible choice for dinner in case you’re searching for native eats.
- Kebab or falafel at a stand runs €1.75-€3.50.
- Riga Central Market is stuffed with native distributors promoting meals, greens, and fruit for affordable. An amazing place to get takeaway, operating round €3-€6 for a meal.
Price range Dinner Costs in Riga: €8-€12
- Just about all of the choices from the Price range Lunch part above additionally apply to dinner.
- Greek, Center Japanese, Indian, and Asian delicacies are all stable finances decisions. Meals run €4-€6 at CityWok and related institutions.
- A standard meal of upscale Latvian meals at Key to Riga in Fort Sq. will price €18-€30; count on related costs at different Fort Sq. eating places.
Price range-Pleasant Lunch and Dinner Spots
- Folkklubs Ala Pagrabs: Go right here. Hearty and scrumptious Lativan dishes at nice costs. Good environment. A number of beer.
- Lido: Lido is a series cafeteria-style restaurant with a number of places. Good for a fast meal. Good quantity of conventional dishes.
- Lido Atputas Centrs: Probably the most fashionable Lido eating places.
- StockPot: Do-it-yourself soups.
- Wok to Stroll: Worldwide chain serving low cost and engaging noodles.
- Avenue Burgers: Strong burger joint. Burgers price round €7.
- Picerija Piranija: Easy however good pizza place.
Drink and Alcohol Costs in Riga
- Beer in a bar prices about €2-€3.
- Beer from a grocery runs €1 or much less, a bottle of wine about €6.
- Espresso runs €1–€2.
Transportation Costs in Riga
Transit entry might be bought by the variety of journeys or for a set period of time. Go to the official Riga public transportation web site to study extra.
- 24-hour entry, all routes: €5
- 3-day entry, all routes: €8
- 5-day entry, all routes: €10
- For 1/2/10 journeys, ticket costs are €1.5/€3/€15.
Airport transit from town heart:
- by way of bus: €2 (on-bus), €1.15 (off-bus). Bus 22 supplies transport from the airport to Outdated City.
- by way of taxi: €11.40-€14.50
Bicycle rental: €3/€6/€13 for 1/2/24 hour leases.
Hostel, Lodge, & Rental Condominium Costs in Riga
Like most of Japanese Europe, hostels in Riga are low cost they usually’re normally top quality. Rental residences are additionally tremendous inexpensive in order that’s an incredible choice if you need some privateness or are touring in a gaggle. Lodge costs in Riga are additionally inexpensive so that’s an choice in case you’re searching for further consolation.
Hostel Costs in Riga: €18-€28/night time
The nightly value of a well-rated hostel in Riga begins round €20-€25/night time per particular person—though many hostels increase their costs on the weekend (bear in mind, these costs are for a mattress in a shared dorm room). Personal rooms begin are round €40-€55. Try the most recent hostel costs at Hostelworld since costs are all the time fluctuating.
The Finest-Rated Hostels in Riga
Price range Lodge Costs in Riga: €65-€90/night time
A good finances resort that’s in Riga’s metropolis heart will price round €75/night time. Yow will discover cheaper inns if you wish to keep farther away from the middle of town or in case you don’t thoughts staying in a junky place.
We propose trying out Reserving.com to see resort costs on your dates since they’re all the time altering.
Price range Rental Condominium in Riga: €65-€90+/night time
Riga is beginning to bounce on the holiday rental house bandwagon so it’s changing into simpler to discover a respectable place to remain. These leases is usually a good choice for big teams or vacationers who need a bit of more room (and a kitchen). Then again, there are a couple of downsides to rental residences — like restricted/inconvenient check-in processes and further cleansing charges/service expenses (which might make quick stays fairly a bit dearer). For brief stays, we desire inns/hostels however rental residences is usually a good choice for longer stays.
Airbnb is all the time fashionable however you’ll be able to typically discover cheaper/higher choices on our listing of Airbnb Options.
Get Extra Price range Journey Ideas for Europe
Try our information on How A lot It Prices To Backpack Europe to study extra about budgeting your complete journey (together with many extra metropolis value guides).
No Humorous Enterprise
The Savvy Backpacker is reader-supported. Which means if you purchase product/companies by means of hyperlinks on the location, I could earn an affiliate fee — it doesn’t price you something further and it helps assist the location.
Thanks For Studying! — James
Questions? Study extra about our Strict Promoting Coverage and How To Help Us.