At current, there isn’t a Metro or prepare service that passengers can take all the best way from Dubai to Abu Dhabi.
We are able to, nonetheless, information you to precisely the way you CAN transit between the UAE’s two largest cities.
How you can get between Dubai and Abu Dhabi
There are 5 major methods to transit between the 2 cities:
- Public Bus
- Non-public Automotive (self-hire or driver)
- Tour group
- Airline Bus
Dubai to Abu Dhabi Distance
This all is dependent upon the place you begin and finish your journey, however as a common information:
- The space from Downtown Dubai (Dubai Mall, Burj Khalifa) to Abu Dhabi Central Station (Al Wadha Mall) is 140kms.
- From Dubai Airport (DBX) to the Abu Dhabi Corniche is 160kms.
- From Dubai Marina space to Yas Island or Abu Dhabi Airport is lower than 100kms.
By non-public automobile or small van, you may transfer at excessive pace alongside the E11 Freeway between the 2 cities making the journey a bit of over an hour, whereas public transport from reverse sides of every metropolis can take 2+ hours.
Dubai to Abu Dhabi Bus
Quite than a Metro or prepare line, the Intercity Bus is the one public transport between Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
The Intercity Bus Service now operates three routes from Dubai to Abu Dhabi.
- Route 100 – Al Ghubaiba Bus Station (Dubai Greenline) in Bur Dubai to Abu Dhabi Central Bus station [Every 20 minutes, approx 2.15 hour journey]
- Route 101 – Ibn Battuta Mall to Abu Dhabi Central Bus Station [every 30 minutes, approx 1.5 hour journey]
- Route 102 – Ibn Battuta Mall to Mussafah Shabiya Bus Station [every hour, approx 1.45 hour journey]
All these routes additionally run in reverse from Abu Dhabi again to Dubai. and price 25 AED one-way.
Connecting to Abu Dhabi from Dubai Worldwide Airport DXB
You’ll be able to join from Dubai Airport to Abu Dhabi in just a few methods.
From Dubai Airport, there are each Metro and Bus choices to get you to Al Ghubaiba Station to modify to the Intercity bus to Abu Dhabi.
From Al Ghubaiba Bus Station, you may connect with DXB by:
- From Terminal 1, take Bus 33 or 42
- Terminal 2 take bus 31
- From Terminal 3, take the Crimson Line Metro to Burjuman, then change to the Inexperienced Line for Al Ghubaiaba metro cease.
- Catch a taxi – approx 30 AED
Connecting to Abu Dhabi Worldwide Airport AUH from Dubai
If you happen to take the general public bus from both Ibn Battuta or Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to Abu Dhabi Central Station, it’s essential to head again on your self to connect with Abu Dhabi Worldwide Airport AUH, which sits “off-island”.
From Abu Dhabi Central Bus Station to AUH:
- Take the 1A bus to terminal 1&3, leaves each 40 minutes, 4AED
- Take a taxi – approx half-hour and prices approx 50AED
Or, head to the final cease on the Crimson Line Metro at Jebal Ali. From right here, take a taxi over the border on to Abu Dhabi airport. This could solely price round 170-200AED quite than 300AED+ from deeper in Dubai.
It’s also possible to now take the AUH specific service from Ibn Battuta station (Crimson line Metro) – free for WizzAir passengers or 35 AED per individual a method, which provides you the comfort of dropping you a the airport door.
Free transport choice to AUH
If you’re flying with Etihad, you may e-book your ticket to begin from the Etihad workplace in Downtown Dubai to incorporate a seat on their luxurious coach to AUH. So long as you pre-book, this switch is included in your ticket worth and by far makes it probably the most cost-effective technique of attending to AUH.
Will there ever be a direct prepare line between Dubai and Abu Dhabi?
We dwell in hope! However the extra probably actuality at this level is the event of a hyperloop. You’ll be able to study extra concerning the Dubai Hyperloop challenge right here.
Etihad Rail appears promisingly near opening, nonetheless, present plans seem like the passenger service for Abu Dhabi will terminate on the outskirts of town, which means you’d nonetheless want a bus or taxi to finish your journey into Abu Dhbai.
Watch this area although final there’s certain to be a while financial savings supplied by this ne rail service within the close to future.
Earlier than you go… Extra necessary issues it is best to know when planning a visit to Dubai
- Don’t overlook to pack your journey insurance coverage!!!
Please word we’re not a journey company. This web site is a journey weblog to assist newcomers to the UAE and transit passengers self plan their journey, we can’t e-book your flights, accommodations, visas or connections for you. We could make a small fee for those who click on on any of our suggestion hyperlinks.
Dubai Journey Planner