Barcelona has lots going for it so it’s naturally on the high of many journey itineraries. It has a vibrant meals scene, a plethora of distinctive historic structure, and among the greatest nightlife in Europe. And it’s one of many few main European cities with seashores. So far as journey costs are involved, Barcelona isn’t low cost, but it surely isn’t too terribly costly both. On this information, we’ll cowl typical Barcelona journey prices for meals, lodging, sights, and extras so you may higher funds your journey.
This text is a part of our Metropolis Worth Information Collection — Click on right here to see all our European Metropolis Worth Guides.
Common Each day Price To Go to Barcelona
For budget-minded vacationers, it prices round €70-€95/day to go to Barcelona. These costs are primarily based on what you’ll want to go to town comfortably as a funds traveler.
If you wish to improve your lodging you then’ll need to add one other €120-€150/night time relying on the place you keep. Try Reserving.com to see present resort costs.
These costs additionally don’t embody issues like massive nights out on the bar/pub, membership entry charges, memento/clothes procuring, excursions, random purchases, nicer meals, and so on. Don’t neglect to funds additional for these “non-essentials.”
Each day Price of Price range Journey in Barcelona: €80 ($90 USD)
- Points of interest: €24 (one paid attraction + any free sights)
- Meals: €29.50
- Breakfast: €3
- Lunch: €8
- Dinner: €15
- Deal with (dessert/beer/wine): €4
- Transportation: €3
- Lodging (hostel): €35
Each day Price of Frugal Journey in Barcelona: €50 ($52 USD)
- Points of interest: €8 (free strolling tour + go to one of many free sights)
- Meals: €15.50
- Breakfast: $0 (free hostel breakfast)
- Lunch: €6 (ethnic avenue meals, takeaway store fare, or related)
- Dinner: €9 (make your personal meal within the hostel or seize one thing low cost)
- Beer: €1.5 (relax on the park and have a chilly one)
- Transportation: €0 (discover by foot)
- Lodging (low cost hostel mattress): €20
Barcelona Attraction and Museum Costs
Barcelona has quite a lot of fantastic neighborhoods and parks to take a look at totally free, however going to museums and different sights can get costly.
Take into account the Go Metropolis: Barcelona Go for those who plan on doing quite a lot of sightseeing and browse our Barcelona Go Evaluation for extra particulars.
Barcelona Meals Costs
Barcelona has meals choices for almost any funds however you’ll need to keep away from the vacationer areas as they’re full of overpriced and low-quality eating places. Do a little bit of analysis on-line earlier than you head out to make sure you get a top quality meal at an excellent value.
For a lot of locals, lunch is usually the largest meal of the day in order that’s an excellent time to replenish since eating places typically run lunch specials. Moreover, most individuals don’t eat dinner till round 9-10 pm so it’s possible you’ll must do some snacking within the late afternoon for those who’re accustomed to consuming earlier.
Barcelona Price range Breakfast Costs: Free-€9
- Many hostels will provide a free, easy breakfast that usually consists of cereal, bread/croissant, and possibly milk, espresso, tea, or juice.
- A typical Barcelona breakfast consists of espresso with milk and a croissant or a doughnut. For one thing extra savory, you will get a toasted ham & cheese sandwich. Anticipate to pay €3-€7.
- You can too discover loads of budget-friendly choices on the bakery or grocery retailer.
Price range Breakfast Solutions:
- El Petit: Busy joint with good espresso and breakfast choices.
- Roast Membership Cafe: Tremendous cute breakfast place with nice espresso, juice, açaí bowl, and extra.
- Tartela: Easy cafe with loads of baked items, quiche, and occasional.
- Baluard Barceloneta: Glorious bakery serving up every kind of breakfast choices, espresso, bread, and different goodies.
- Gula Sana: The place to go for gluten-free baked items.
- La Roseta: Doughnuts, cronuts, espresso, and loads of different baked items.
- Churreria Laietana: You possibly can’t go to Barcelona with out making an attempt churros dipped in melted chocolate.
Barcelona Price range Lunch Costs: €6-€18
Lunch tends to be the most important meal of the day in Barcelona, however you may nonetheless discover budget-friendly choices.
- Price range vacationers could make an excellent low cost lunch of bread, cheese, and fruit from any grocery retailer for a couple of Euros.
- Barcelona has wonderful Farmers’ Markets with loads of meals choices.
- Pans & Firm is a series “fast-food” restaurant that gives contemporary sandwiches and salads. Consider it because the nicer, Spanish model of Subway. You may get a sandwich, drink, and aspect for €5-€9.
- An inexpensive takeaway meal (like a kebab with fries) will price about €5-€7.
- A typical lunch at a restaurant/café will price about €8-€14.
- A combo meal at McDonald’s (or related) will price about €7-€9.
- A takeaway pizza will set you again about €4-€7.
Price range Lunch Solutions:
- Tucco Actual Meals: Italian classics like contemporary pasta, lasagna, and extra for stable costs.
- Bar Xapako: Unassuming tapas bar could not seem like it however they serve up wonderful tapas and the costs are simply pretty much as good.
- Bar Casi: An unassuming family-run restaurant that serves selfmade meals at reasonably priced costs.
- A Tu Bola: Meatballs and different tasty dishes.
Barcelona Price range Dinner Costs: €12-€23
- For funds vacationers, you’ll need to have a look at the various ethnic eating places. You could find one thing filling for about €8-€14.
- Spanish individuals are likely to eat dinner later within the night at about 9/11 pm. An effective way to bridge the starvation hole between lunch and dinner (or eat earlier) is tapas. You possibly can additionally pattern a couple of and make a meal out of it. Anticipate to pay €4-€5/tapas or about €15 for dinner.
- You also needs to be capable of discover dinner at a restaurant in a much less touristy a part of city for round €18. If you wish to attempt paella, it’ll be nearer to €22 per particular person.
Price range Dinner Solutions:
Barcelona Drinks and Alcohol Costs
- A pint of ordinary beer: €2.75-€5
- A pint of beer from a grocery retailer: €1.25
- Bottle of (drinkable) wine from the grocery retailer: €6
- Espresso: €1.50
Learn extra of our methods for Consuming and Ingesting in Europe on a Price range.
Barcelona Transportation Costs
Barcelona has an excellent public transportation community. Most individuals use the subway (Metro), and it’s air-conditioned, which affords a much-needed reprieve within the steamy summers. The town is pretty compact, so many guests stroll in all places. Verify Barcelona’s Public Transport web site for full particulars.
Single One-Manner Ticket: €2.40
Worth Of T10 ticket (10 one-way journeys): €11.35
- 2-day move: €15
- 3-day move: €22
- 4-day move: €28.50
- 5-day move: €35
Worth Of Barcelona Vacationer Card (free limitless public transit, together with to/from the airport, entry to some museums & different advantages):
- 2-day move: €34
- 3-day move: €44
- 4-day move: €52
- 5-day move: €58
Worth Of Bus from airport to metropolis: €5.90
Worth Of Prepare (RENFE) from the airport to town: €4.10 + €2.40 (to change to subway)
Worth Of Taxi from airport to metropolis: €30-€35
Barcelona Hostel, Resort, & Lodging Costs
Barcelona does have a lot of low cost hostels and motels, however the costs do enhance significantly in the summertime — you’ll need to e book as early as doable to make sure you get the greatest choices. Rental residences are an ideal choice if you would like added consolation to your keep.
Barcelona Hostel Costs: €19-€42/night time
A well-rated hostel will price about €25-€35, however you will discover beds as low cost as €16—though many hostels increase their costs on the weekend. Bear in mind, these costs are for a mattress in a shared dorm room. If you’d like a personal room, anticipate to pay €55-€95.
We e book our hostels by way of Hostelworld so examine them out to see present charges.
Here’s a record of the best-rated hostels that gained’t break your funds:
Barcelona Price range Inns Costs: €65-€155/night time
On the low finish you shouldn’t anticipate a lot, however when you get round €85/night time, the motels get a bit higher (assume Tremendous 8 or Motel 6). A room with a personal toilet and twin mattress shall be round €65-€100; a double mattress shall be €95-€155.
Try Reserving.com to see present resort costs.
Barcelona Rental Residence Costs: €95-€160+/night time
From our expertise, rental residences are usually bigger than equally priced resort rooms. Plus, you’ll get a kitchen so it can save you more cash by cooking your personal meals. That mentioned, typically rental residences do have a couple of downsides so hold that in thoughts. Airbnb is at all times widespread however you may typically discover cheaper/higher choices on our record of Airbnb Alternate options.
Different Journey Prices To Maintain In Thoughts
There are a handful of pre-travel prices that it’s best to issue into your journey funds. I’ve listed a couple of under.
- Worldwide Cell Information: Utilizing cell information whereas overseas can simply run you $10-$20/day for those who’re not cautious—nevertheless, it’s simple to get your excessive speeds information all the way down to round $3/day. Listed here are a couple of articles to assist:
- Footwear, Clothes, and Different Journey Equipment: Gadgets like sneakers, baggage, and different journey gear can find yourself including lots to your total journey funds. Listed here are a couple of useful articles that will help you select what it’s best to pack and methods to avoid wasting somewhat cash by being sensible with what you purchase.
- Avoiding Pickpockets and Journey Scams: Try my information to pickpockets in Europe and my information to Europe journey rip-offs to keep away from getting your cash, telephones, and property stolen whereas touring.
Extra Barcelona Journey Suggestions
Try our Barcelona Journey Information to find out about what to see, the place to remain, and every part else you want to learn about visiting this wonderful metropolis. Want hostel suggestions? Learn our information to the greatest hostels in Barcelona. Need extra? See all our Barcelona journey ideas.
No Humorous Enterprise
The Savvy Backpacker is reader-supported. Meaning whenever you purchase product/providers by way of hyperlinks on the location, I could earn an affiliate fee — it doesn’t price you something additional and it helps assist the location.
Thanks For Studying! — James
Questions? Study extra about our Strict Promoting Coverage and How To Assist Us.